Friday, November 20, 2009

The Fight Must Go On . . .

There are times when I tire of the battle against ignorance and hatred. Times when I feel it's all a big waste of time and effort and nothing will ever change so why worry or bother. And when those awful, defeatist feeling's hit me, I simply desire nothing more than to get up and walk away from it all and just say - Fuck it! Let 'em say what they want to say and let 'em do what they want to do - why should I care?

And then I see things like this [picture of billboard seen in Missouri this week]:





and this [picture of billboard seen in Colorado this week]:





. . . and I'm starkly reminded of why I fight them. And it also helps me understand much more clearly why it is that I must continue to face off against these bastards. And so with renewed vigor I renew my vow to keep exposing the true America haters and to never shut up about it.

Because it boils down to this -- the kind of future United States of America that the right-wing goons have in mind for this country is not the kind of future I want for my children and grandchildren. We saw a glimpse of that kind of future these past 8 years from the constitution shredding, war-mongering, disaster-capitalism, neo-con assholes and that alone was enough to make me want to get involved and do everything in my humble power to stop them.

Anyhow, I've obviously gotten over my temporary crisis of faith in the cause of Truth, Justice and The American Way and so I willingly and with great gusto throw myself back into the fray. Let's get it on!

And as far as those of you -- family, friend, anonymous reader, who are of the opinion that the 8 years of Bush/Cheney/GOP rule were the greatest thing to happen to America since sliced bread ---- well, I only have one thing to say to you all -- Fuck you and everyone who thinks like you. But as god is (purportedly) with his sinners -- I still love you. : )


----k

No comments: