Thursday, January 13, 2011

Teabaggers -- equal opportunity haters . . .



This does not surprise this interested observer one fucking bit:

"The worst e-mails I received about the civility project were from conservatives with just unbelievable language about communists, and some words I wouldn't use in this phone call," DeMoss told The Times.

That was a quote from a conservative, evangelical with close ties to the Republican hiearchy who spent the 2 years since Obama's election as President making a sincere attempt to get our nation's 585 sitting representatives, senators and governors to sign a "civility pledge" which went as follows:

I will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
I will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
I will stand against incivility when I see it.

He abandoned the project not only because of a general lack of interest, but primarily because of vicious attacks from right wing conservatives.

So what does that tell you?

Along with the story of the black GOP state congressman from Arizona who, after last weekend's horrific carnage in Tucson, resigned this week because of Teabagger threats of violence towards himself, it tells me that these faux patriot gun goons on the far right will not hesitate to threaten physical violence to even their own party members for disagreeing with their warped agenda.

I mean truly -- what more proof is needed to convince you that the right wing in this country are the true radicals and the true un-American, democracy hating thugs?


----k

No comments: