Wednesday, April 08, 2009

America's #1 Source of Misinformation Strikes Again . . .

One of the Fox News bimbo bobble-heads, Gretchen Carlson, outright lies to their viewers:

Carlson falsely claimed that "Social Security [is] already bankrupt." In fact, Social Security will be able to pay full benefits until 2041, after which it will be able to cover 78 percent of scheduled benefits, according to the 2008 Social Security trustees' report.

Link to report: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/TR/TR08/trTOC.html

Once again -- I state to my detractors -- I don't despise Fox for their conservative bent. I don't wish to deny them their free speech rights at all. I despise them because they misuse the public airwaves to consistently spread disinformation in their zeal to be a propaganda arm of the right-wing of the Republican party, and they then have the nerve to run around beating their chests and bleating about how "Fair and Balanced" they are. It's as simple as that.





----k

No comments: