Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday M-Vloggin -- with The Tokens

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight":

This song came out in 1961, a year before I was born. I first heard it when I was around 8 or 9 years old I think and I thought it was nothing short of magical sounding. Being the hopeless and consummate daydreamer that I am, I could listen to this song and close my eyes and imagine myself romping through the jungle with the beautifal flora & fauna surrounding me along with all the exotic animals, especially of course, the king of the jungle himself -- the "Mighty Lion". Now and then when the madness and stress of life's daily routine starts getting me down, I pop this song on the I-pod and crank it thru my stereo speakers -- and it instantly brings a smile to my face and a sense of soothing calm to my troubled soul. Enjoy.




----k

No comments: