Friday, September 11, 2009

"No one could have imagined . . . "

Lest it be forgotten:



And I said, at one point, that this was a historical memo, that it was -- it was not based on new threat information. And I said, "No one could have imagined them taking a plane, slamming it into the Pentagon" -- I'm paraphrasing now -- "into the World Trade Center, using planes as a missile."
---- Condoleeza Rice (former Bush NSA testimony before the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States May 19, 2004)


And from that same hearing:
BEN-VENISTE: Isn't it a fact, Dr. Rice, that the August 6 PDB warned against possible attacks in this country? And I ask you whether you recall the title of that PDB?

RICE: I believe the title was, "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States."

Now, the...

BEN-VENISTE: Thank you.




----k

No comments: