Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yep -- a flamethrower ought to do the trick . . .


I watched disinterested yesterday as some Teabagger, Playgirl centerfold Republican won Edward Kennedy's long held Massachusetts Senate seat.

I say disinterested because I've known for weeks the slack-jawed Democrats were going to lose this race.

The stupid fucking Democratic leadership did exactly what I expected them to do -- they picked a wealthy, WASPish, bland and out of touch Attorney General Martha Coakley to fill Kennedy's seat, fully believing that because Kennedy was so beloved by his Massachusetts constituents, voters would just roll over and vote her in on his martyred coattails. I'll say it again - stupid fucking Democratic leadership.

In a way I'm thinking this is probably for the best. Because post-election polling in Massachusetts indicates Democratic and Independent voters are very disappointed in the Democrats inability (more like cowardice) to stand up and actually fight for the working people of this country instead of kowtowing to the minority GOP, the special interest health care lobbyists and the big, crooked financial institutions and banks. I mean -- it's been said before -- voters given the choice between a real Republican and a fake one (like Coakley) will almost always go for the real one.

I'll be even more blunt -- to paraphrase Al Pacino from the movie "Scent of a Woman" - - I believe it's time we progressives take a goddamn flamethrower to the Democratic party and purge these spineless, groveling, backstabbing, corporate owned fucking DINO's from their positions of power and get on with the business of running this country for the people instead of the corporate and moneyed institutions that gambled this country's future away in the name of greed and got us all into our present economic state. Kinda like this:





Know what I mean Vern?



----k

No comments: