Friday, September 04, 2009

Who is Brainwashing who?

As detailed in an earlier post, the right wing conservatives are in a mouth-frothing tizzy over a speech President Barack Obama is scheduled to give to the nation's schools next Tuesday. The wing nuts are breathlessly accusing Obama of deviously plotting to use the opportunity to "brainwash" and "indoctrinate" America's precious children into supporting his socialized educational and health care policies.

You really have to marvel at the hypocritical hilarity at the thought of conservatives actually giving a rat's ass about American children, of which approximately 18% in this country are living in poverty and which another 10% have no medical insurance whatsoever and if that figure is combined with the under-insured it amounts to about 28%. And god forbid should anyone actually try to pass legislation to help these poor kids. Conservatives fight toooth & nail that kind of 'gubmint welfare on a daily basis -- while at the same time it shall be noted -- giving tax breaks to the wealthy and big corporations.

So forgive my skeptical uncouthness if I gleefully fart in the general direction of the idea that conservatives are humanely and sincerely concerned about the health and well-being of this country's children in a broad sense.

But getting back to the central charges that Obama's speech will be used to "brainwash" and "indoctrinate" kids into the Cult of Obama politics -- I really have to wonder though -- when it comes to the nefarious practice of manipulating a young child's mind, can it truly get any fucking worse than this?:

Just saying . . .


No comments: