Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Right said Ed . . .

I've got a lot of mixed emotions about the health care debate. On one hand the bills that have been crafted by a handful of compromised, health industry bought stooges in Congress are shitty bills which do not directly address the core flaws of this country's current broken health care delivery system.

On the other hand, there's the moral question of the impact that continued inaction has on the lives of millions of our fellow citizens - human beings.

Having personally had a recent experience with a major health issue that required surgery and hospitalization, I cannot, with any level of certainty, say that I would have weathered that crisis very well without my employer provided health care plan. Approaching 50 years of age - that scares the shit out of me.

I'm not a religious person, but I gotta tell ya, the moral issue surrounding the unneeded suffering and economic impact that affects so many millions, due to simple lack of access to basic and affordable health care, weighs a lot heavier on my mind and heart than the monetary and government involvement factors. For as the nurse in this interview so succinctly put it -- "there but for the grace of god go I."

I think we ought to force every single Congress critter and Senator critter to spend an entire day at one of these roaming free clinics assisting the heroic health care volunteers to treat these people. If anything to just to plant the seed of reality in their tiny lizard brains as to what's really happening outside their insulated, worry-free Capitol Hill worlds. Might just change a few intransigent minds and soften a few hardened hearts.

Oh -- and btw -- I agree 150% with Ed Schultz -- Joe Lieberman is a world class fucking coward.


Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy





----k

No comments: