Friday, February 05, 2010

Sarah, Sarah, au contraire-ah . . .


Andrew Sullivan writing in The Atlantic with krazee's observation in [brackets and italicized]:

Did she really just call for Rahm Emanuel to be fired because he allegedly used the term "fucking retarded" to refer to fellow Democrats in a private meeting? Last summer? Did she really?

[Haha! Yes Andrew she did. I know - fucking amazing huh?]


I don't like the term myself. I think it is offensive. I think Rahm Emanuel is offensive. But at least he's real. And he has now apologized. And at least he used the term metaphorically.

[Precisely the point - but don't expect the conservatards (oops, now I need to apologize!) to think that deeply about it.]


Palin, in contrast, called her own campaign prop "her retarded baby" in private, according to an eye-witness account from the father of her own grandson who lived in her house for months and knew her intimately. "I was just in shock the first time I heard it," Levi Johnston told CBS. Unlike Sarah Palin, Johnston has not been caught in multiple indisputable lies. I believe him over her. In fact, in any factual dispute, I believe anyone over her.

[The mainstream media is terrified to call Palin out on her bullshit and lies. Terrified of the conservative media and Limbaugh backlash on one hand but also fearful of alienating the media cash cow/bride of Frankenstein they've created.]


Just saying . . .



----k

No comments: