Friday, August 14, 2009

What? Say it ain't so! Oh nooooooo ......



A leaked memo sent by an oil industry group reveals a plan to create astroturf rallies at which industry employees posing as "citizens" will urge Congress to oppose climate change legislation.


You know goddamn well the health insurance industry has been doing the same -- hence the belligerent, obnoxious, and incoherent rent-a-mob clowns that have been disrupting the Democratic town hall meetings (mixed in with a few genuine right wing kooks).

Do people truly believe that such powerful industries like big oil or health insurance wouldn't resort to such dishonest tactics to protect their lucrative (meaning bloodsucking) profit margins?

All the more reason for those who want an honest and fair debate on these issues to get out, get involved and make your views known. I can't wait till a town hall meeting comes to where I live -- me, my camera and my big mouth will be johnny on the spot!


----k

No comments: